DOW Filmtec BW30XFR-400-34 RO Membrane 11500 GPD
Brand: DOW Filmtec
As Low As $22 Per Month details
Dimensions: 8" x 40"
Weight: 26 lb
Ships in 1-2 weeks
DOW Filmtec BW30XFR-400-34 RO Membrane 11500 GPD, a 8" x 40" high productivity brackish water Reverse Osmosis Membrane that can provide RO quality water up to 11,500 gallons per day at a 15% recovery rate. It can operate at feed pressures ranging from 225 psi to 600 psi with 99.5% salt rejection. This element offers the highest quality water for large-scale industrial and municipal water treatment systems purifying greater than approximately 10 gpm (2300 L/h) of RO water and is the industry standard for reliable operation and production of the highest quality water in commercial applications. The first 400 square foot membrane elements on the market and continues to be widely used in new equipment and retrofits where system capital and productivity are factors. The element features the thickest feed spacer (34 mil) available in the industry today to lessen the impact of fouling as well as a fiberglass shell. These elements are ideal for reverse osmosis plant managers and operators dealing with challenging water and wastewater, looking for consistent, high performance, long element life and increased productivity.
Filmtec elements can separate salts from water and are produced with an automated fabrication process for precision, consistency, and reliability offering high rejection of dissolved solids and organics and operate very efficiently at lower pressures. This minimizes equipment CAPEX in designs with savings in elements and pumping due to the 400 ft² active area while delivering the most effective cleaning performance, robustness and durability due to its widest cleaning pH range (1-13) tolerance. The 400 square feet of active membrane area, gives system designers the option of designing a system with fewer membrane elements, requiring lower capital expenditures for membranes and components. This element is widely used in industrial water demineralization, production of municipal drinking water and water reuse.
Key Features and Benefits:
* Permeate flow rate and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 125 psi (8.6 bar), 77°F(25°C), pH 8, 15% recovery. Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-15%.
**Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
*** Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose
**** Active area guaranteed ±3%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers.
- Stabilized salt rejection is generally achieved within 24-48 hours of continuous use; depending upon feedwater characteristics and operating conditions.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Dow Filmtec membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
(To ensure proper product startup and usage, please review Operation Guidelines and General Information section from the Product Data Sheet.)