Water Test Strips MSDS
Do Water Test Strips Require MSDS?Occasionally customers require Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for their file. OSHA requires MSDS sheets to be available for chemicals in the workplace that employees may be exposed to during normal operations, storage or in an emergency. We use water test strips that do not dissolve are falling under an exception from these requirements.
OSHA code (CFR 1910.1200, Hazard communication) section has several exceptions for items such as food, wood and cosmetics.
There's also an article (CFR1910.1200 (b)(6)(v), and paragraph (c)) where test strips fall under. This article defined as an item that is formed to a specific shape during manufacture that depends upon that shape to function. It also releases trace amounts of a hazardous chemical (as defined in paragraphs (d) and (g) of the section) and does not pose a health risk to employees. These articles DO NOT require MSDS sheets.
Water test strips that we use are very safe.
See More Water Articles:
- Best Water Filters and Purifiers
- Bottleless Water Cooler Filtration Process
- Case Studies: Commercial and Industrial Water Systems
- Compare Water Cooler Models
- Countertop Filter Installation Instructions
- Free Water Test
- Holiday Gift Ideas
- Installation Instructions and Manuals
- Science Kit Instructions
- UltraFiltration Membrane
- Water Coolers Delivery Information
- Water Filter Service Locations
- Water Filter Tank Capacity Calculator
- Water Softener Cation Resin
- Water Test Strips MSDS