DOW Filmtec LE-400 RO Membrane 11500 GPD
Brand: DOW Filmtec
As Low As $24 Per Month details
Dimensions: 8" x 40"
Weight: 5 lb
DOW Filmtec LE-400 RO Membrane 11,500 GPD, a 8" x 40" brackish water Reverse Osmosis Membrane that can provide RO quality water up to 11,500 gallons per day at a 15% recovery rate. It can operate at feed pressures ranging from 150 psi to 600 psi with 99.3% salt rejection. This element offers the highest quality water for large regular and brackish water treatment systems. This membrane element features the thickest feed spacer (34 mil) available in the industry today to lessen the impact of fouling as well as a fiberglass shell.
Discontinued product, replaced by BW30XFRLE-400/34 or BW30XFRLE-400/34i .
Filmtec RO elements separate salts from water and are produced with an automated fabrication process for precision, consistency, and reliability offering high rejection of dissolved solids and organics and operate very efficiently at lower pressures. These Thin Film-Commercial RO membranes have a hard shell exterior making them suitable and recommended for systems with multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes, as they are designed to withstand higher pressure drops. In addition to the highest quality water and the lowest energy costs, DOW membranes also deliver savings by providing the industry’s longest lasting and most reliable performance membranes due to increased resistance to fouling.
These DOW FILMTEC LE400 membranes are used in wide variety of industrial and municipal water treatment applications. Its advanced technological design is manufactured for excellent structural stability and more productivity than other elements.
Key Features and Benefits:
* Permeate flow rate and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 2000 ppm NaCl, 150 psi (10.3 bar), 77°F(25°C), 15% recovery. Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-20%.
**Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
*** Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
- LE-400 replaces BW300-400 and BW30LE-400.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pre-treatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Dow Filmtec membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- (To ensure proper product startup and usage, please review Operation Guidelines and General Information section from the Product Data Sheet.)
|DOW Filmtec Product Data Sheet 4040 (pdf)||0.26 MB|
|DOW Filmtec Membranes Warranty (pdf)||32 KB|