DOW Filmtec SW30XHR-400i RO Membrane 6000 GPD
Brand: DOW Filmtec
As Low As $27 Per Month details
Dimensions: 8" x 40"
Weight: 40 lb
Ships in 1-2 weeks
DOW Filmtec SW30XHR-400i Seawater Reverse Osmosis Membrane, a 8.0" x 40" membrane element that can provide RO quality water of up to 6,000 gallons per day at a 8% recovery rate. It can operate at feed pressures ranging from 800 psi to 1,200 psi with 99.7% salt rejection. This Seawater RO element is designed to reduce capital and operational costs of large desalination systems that produce greater than approximately 10 gpm (2300 L/h) of permeate for premium seawater reverse osmosis(RO). This model includes utilization of the distinct iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps.
SW30XHR-400i RO Membrane Elements are the highest rejection seawater RO element in the DOW-FILMTEC element portfolio, enabling stringent water quality requirements to be met reliably with single-pass seawater systems in most situations. In addition, the combination of high active area and thick feed spacer results in higher productivity and lower cleaning frequency, which enable sustainable lower life cycle cost. Dow’s fully automated and precise element production enables the most consistent products in the industry for the most consistent product performance available. This membrane is an excellent choice for two-pass seawater designs and high TDS brackish water applications. It is best used in seawater desalination, municipal drinking water and industrial desalination.
These elements combine premium membrane performance with automated precision fabrication to provide reliable and consistent performance. With a wide range of membranes available to meet various system design requirements, Filmtec's RO products combine excellent membrane quality with automated precision fabrication, taking system performance to unprecedented levels.
Key Features and Benefits:
* Permeate flow rate and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 32,000 ppm NaC, 800 psi(55 bar), 77°F(25°C), 8% recovery rate. Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/- 15%.
**Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
*** Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pre-treatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
**** Active area guaranteed ± 5%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to the nominal membrane area figure often stated by some element suppliers.
- Individual elements with iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps measure 40.5 inches (1,029 mm) in length (B). The net length (A) of the elements when connected is 40.0 inches (1,016 mm).
- These membranes may be subject to drinking water application restrictions in some countries; please check the application status before use and sale.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
- The use of this product in and of itself does not necessarily guarantee the removal of cysts and pathogens from water. Effective cyst and pathogen reduction is dependent on the complete system design and on the operation and maintenance of the system.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Dow Filmtec membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- (To ensure proper product startup and usage, please review Operation Guidelines and General Information section from the Product Data Sheet.)
|DOW Filmtec SW30XHR–400i Data Sheet (pdf)||84 KB|