DOW Filmtec SW30HR-380 RO Membrane 6500 GPD
Brand: DOW Filmtec
As Low As $29 Per Month details
Dimensions: 8" x 40"
Weight: 45 lb
Ships in 1-2 weeks
DOW Filmtec SW30HR-380 Seawater Reverse Osmosis Membrane, an 8.0" x 40" RO membrane element that can provide RO quality water of up to 6,500 gallons per day at a 8% recovery rate. It can operate at feed pressures ranging from 800 psi to 1,000 psi with 99.7% salt rejection. This Seawater RO element is ideal for use in medium-sized desalination systems that produce less than approximately 10 gpm (2300 L/h) of permeate. SW30HR-380 Elements are a premium-grade seawater reverse osmosis element featuring both high active area and high salt rejection to offer the best long-term economics for seawater desalination systems. This reliable performance is the result of improved membrane combined with automated, precision element fabrication.
The SW30 Elements have one of the highest flow rates available to meet the water demands of both sea-based and land-based desalinators. These elements may also be operated at lower pressure to reduce pump size, cost, and operating expenses. Dow’s fully automated and precise element production enables the most consistent products in the industry for the most consistent product performance available. Membrane efficiency is maximized and overall effect of fouling is reduced due to its automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves. This product is best for seawater desalination and marine(yacht) applications.
Wet Sea Water Membranes, shipping weight is 42 - 45 lbs. Shipped on a skid to avoid damage.
Key Features and Benefits:
* Permeate flow rate and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 32,000 ppm NaC, 800 psi(55 bar), 77°F(25°C), pH 8 and 8% recovery.. Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/- 20%.
**Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
*** Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pre-treatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pre-treatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
- The use of this product in and of itself does not necessarily guarantee the removal of cysts and pathogens from water. Effective cyst and pathogen reduction is dependent on the complete system design and on the operation and maintenance of the system.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Dow Filmtec membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- (To ensure proper product startup and usage, please review Operation Guidelines and General Information section from the Product Data Sheet.)
|DOW Filmtec SW30HR-380 Data (pdf)||81 KB|