DOW Filmtec XLE-440 RO Membrane 14000 GPD Brackish Water
Brand: DOW Filmtec
As Low As $22 Per Month details
Dimensions: 8" x 40"
Weight: 26 lb
Ships in 1-2 weeks
DOW Filmtec XLE-440 RO Membrane 14000 GPD, a 8" x 40" extra low energy, high productivity brackish water Reverse Osmosis Membrane that can provide RO quality water up to 14,000 gallons per day at a 15% recovery rate. It can operate at feed pressures ranging from 100 psi to 600 psi with 99% salt rejection. Its 440 ft2 active area minimizes equipment CAPEX in designs with savings in elements and pumping. This element offers the highest quality water for large-scale industrial and municipal water treatment systems purifying greater than approximately 10 gpm (2300 L/h) of RO water and is the industry standard for reliable operation and production of the cleanest quality water in commercial applications. These elements are ideal for reverse osmosis plant managers and operators dealing with controlled pre-treatment and seeking high-quality permeate water at low operating costs.
Stored and shipped wet.
Filmtec RO elements elements separate salts from water and are produced with an automated fabrication process for precision, consistency, and reliability offering high rejection of dissolved solids and organics and operate very efficiently at lower pressures. The XLE-440 delivers the most effective cleaning performance, robustness and durability due to its widest cleaning pH range (1-13) tolerance. The 440 square feet(41 square meters) of active membrane area, gives system designers the option of designing a system with fewer membrane elements, requiring lower capital expenditures for membranes and components. Its wide compatibility allows it to operate in many systems at less than half the feed pressure of a standard high rejection RO element and at up to 30% less pressure than other low energy membranes, resulting in lifetime energy savings greater than 100% of the initial membrane investment.
Key Features and Benefits:
* Permeate flow rate and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 125 psi (8.6 bar), 77°F(25°C), pH 8, 15% recovery. Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/- 15%.
**Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
*** Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
**** Active area guaranteed +/- 5%.
- Stabilized salt rejection is generally achieved within 24-48 hours of continuous use; depending upon feedwater characteristics and operating conditions.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Dow Filmtec membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- (To ensure proper product startup and usage, please review Operation Guidelines and General Information section from the Product Data Sheet.)