Water Test Strips MSDS
Do Water Test Strips Require MSDS?Occasionally customers require Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for their file. OSHA requires MSDS sheets to be available for chemicals in the workplace that employees may be exposed to during normal operations, storage or in an emergency. We use water test strips that do not dissolve are falling under an exception from these requirements.
OSHA code (CFR 1910.1200, Hazard communication) section has several exceptions for items such as food, wood and cosmetics.
There's also an article (CFR1910.1200 (b)(6)(v), and paragraph (c)) where test strips fall under. This article defined as an item that is formed to a specific shape during manufacture that depends upon that shape to function. It also releases trace amounts of a hazardous chemical (as defined in paragraphs (d) and (g) of the section) and does not pose a health risk to employees. These articles DO NOT require MSDS sheets.
Water test strips that we use are very safe.
See More Water Articles:
- UltraFiltration Membrane
- Science Kit Instructions
- Water Coolers Delivery Information
- Water Softener Cation Resin
- Holiday Gift Ideas
- Best Water Filters and Purifiers
- Countertop Filter Installation Instructions
- Water Filter Service Locations
- Installation Instructions and Manuals
- Free Water Test
- Water Test Strips MSDS
- Case Studies: Commercial and Industrial Water Systems
- Water Filter Tank Capacity Calculator