What is KDF?
KDF is a technology that uses electro-chemical oxidation to neutralize harmful chemicals in the water. Another words, KDF chemically changes contaminants, and they become harmless to our body.
KDF filters consist of high-purity copper-zinc granules. When impure water containing dissolved oxygen, minerals and organic materials enters filter, the copper becomes the cathode and the zinc becomes anode. As the water passes through the filter, electrochemical reactions take place, which remove the hostile contaminants. For instance, KDF changes harmful chlorine to a chloride - a substance, which does not affect our body’s system. KDF filters do not plug up.
KDF process media are 100 percent recyclable and contain no chemical additives. Hospitals, restaurants, municipal water treatment facilities, and homes rely on KDF process media to safely reduce or remove chlorine, iron, hydrogen sulfide, heavy metals, and bacteria from their water.
KDF filters can also get rid of a good portion of bacteria. They can control microorganisms in two ways. The first is a by-product of ther process called "redox"; the exchange of electrons sets up an electrolytic field in which most microorganisms can't survive. Second, the process of forming hydroxyl radicals and peroxides from some of the water molecules interferes with the microorganisms' ability to function.
KDF filters are capable of cleaning water from a large percentage of the following contaminants.
- Chlorine - see chlorine removing shower filters
- Hydrogen sulfide
- Most heavy metals (including rock groups)
- Proceed to The Water Store
- Find a shower filter that uses KDF
- Buy KFD/Eagle Redox Alloy by the pound.
- Look at inline GAC+KDF cartridge that can be used anywhere , including reverse osmosis systems
- An avid Gardener will enjoy our KDF Garden water filter
- and find even more exciting water products that use KDF!