Undersink Nitrate Water Filter Dual by CRYSTAL QUEST is a 2-cartridge, 7-stage filtration setup consisting of a Nitrate Removal cartridge and the standard 6-stage cartridge containing the Coconut Shell Carbon(GAC) and KDF resin layers. The Nitrate filter reduces Nitrates up to 90%-95% without being affected by sulfate levels. It contains a special nitrate-selective resin that can be regenerated using sodium chloride brine. The added combination of Coconut Shell Carbon or Granulated Activated Carbon(GAC) and Eagle Redox Alloy® media increases the systems' effectivity in removing hundreds of other contaminants from your tap water. Undersink water filter systems do not add clutter to your kitchen as it works behind visibility. This compact, dual cartridge system is convenient, quick and easy to install and use. It is your best option to remove Nitrates and other contaminants from your drinking water.
Nitrates(NO3) are commonly used as fertilizer for agricultural industries. It comes into water supplies through the nitrogen cycle rather than via dissolved minerals. It is one of the major ions in natural waters. Most nitrate that occurs in drinking water is the result of contamination of ground water supplies by septic systems, feed lots, and agricultural fertilizers. Infants below six months who drink water containing nitrate in excess of the MCL or maximum contaminant level (US EPA's MCL for nitrate is 10 mg/l) will experience a reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood(cyanosis) and could become seriously ill and, if untreated, may die. This could also cause a disease called methemoglobinemia, or “blue baby” syndrome with other symptoms including shortness of breath.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Dual cartridge, 7-Stage filtration process.
- One Nitrate cartridge filter for better reduction.
- Combined with advanced Coconut Shell Carbon(GAC) and KDF(Eagle Redox Alloy) media technology.
- Compact system that fits neatly under your kitchen sink.
- Filter media combination removes hundreds of other contaminants.
- Easy install, comes with an attractive faucet and hardwares for setup.
|• Aluminum||• Chromium||• Iodide||• Nickel|
|• Bromides||• Copper||• Lead||• Nitrates / Nitrites|
|• Cadmium||• Heavy Metals||• Mercury|
|Dimensions(LxHxW):||10"x14"(10"+4" to change cartridge)x5"|
|Filter Capacity:||10,000 gallons|
|Nitrate Filtration Capacity:||5500 ppm of nitrates as CaCO3*|
|Filter Life:||12-36 months (approx, will vary upon usage)|
|Design Flow Rate(Gallons per Minute, gpm):||0.3-0.5 gpm |
|Operating Temperature (°F):||40°F - 90°F|
|Operating Pressure(psi):||20 psi - 60 psi|
|Fitting Size(inches):||1/4"(Also available in 3/8")**|
|End Caps:||Polypropylene #5|
|Netting:||Food Grade High-density Polyethylene|
* To determine capacity, first calculate the ppm of nitrate(mg/L) as NO3, then divide that number into 3000 to get the gallons.
** if 3/8" needed, additional conversion package should be ordered.
- When considering installation, if current under sink plumbing is hard copper tubing the saddle valve would be used; for flex tubing the T-valve would be required. While ordering, Please note the type of tubing used to ensuire compatibility.
- Includes filter system, nitrate filter cartridge, multi-stage filter cartridge, faucet, filter wrench, installation hardware.