The eXact Micro 8 Water Meter offers seven modes which provide direct read capabilities for Cyanide, Total Iron, Ferrous Iron, Ammonia, Phosphates, Fluoride, BT-pH, Sulfide and % Transmission – which allows for testing of an additional 9 parameters, giving the user a capability of testing up to 18 different water parameters!
EPA Compliant testing method for Free & Total Chlorine when used with DPD chemistry.
The eXact Micro 8 Advanced Photometer is a ground-breaking electronic water tester that uses patented technologies for faster, safer, easier and more presice water testing. It's ideal for residential, commercial, and municipal water testing, and also for testing fluoride.
Q: I found test strips that work for fluoride. Why do I need a Photometer?
A: We've been on the market for a while, and so far we have not found a test strip that works at home or in the field that doesn't require a chemical reagent or a photometer for accurate, repeatable results.
Exact Micro 8 Photometer Standard Kit includes eXact Micro 8 Photometer and the following tests:
1) Iron , 50 test strips
2) Sulfide , 50 test strips and reagent
3) pH ranging 5.9 - 9, 100 test strips
4) Phosphate , 50 test strips
5) Ammonia, 25 test strips and reagent
Over 7 Direct read parameters ( Cyanide, Total Iron, Ferrous Iron, Ammonia, Phosphates, BT-pH, Sulfide and % Transmission)
(for use in accordance with U.S. Patent No. 7,333,194)
0.01 ppm (mg/L) precision
Built-in, permanent cell
(no loose glass or plastic cells; simply fill or dip into water)
Automatic countdown timer
140 test memory (saves last 20 tests per menu)
Incorporates eXact Strip technology
(safe & reliable reagent dispersion)
No-slip grip housing
(weighs only 6 oz with batteries installed)
Waterproof meter (IP-67)& floats
Easy-to-read LCD display
(recyclable parts & uses 60% less reagents than 10mL sample tests)
(allow for accurate testing without cap, though available)
Can test for 18 parameters:
with use of test-specific reagents and conversion chart: Total Alkalinity, Biguanide, Calcium (as CaCO2), Chloride, Cyanuric Acid, Fluoride, Magnesium, CG-pH, Potassium, Protein (as BSA), Sulfate (as SO4), Turbidity and more.
How to Use eXact Micro 8 Photometer:
1. Turn the meter on and select an appropriate test by pressing MENU button.
2. Remove a test strip for chosen test from the bottle. Don't forget to recap the bottle immediately.
3. Rinse the CELL, which is located in the top of the meter, at least 3 times with water to remove residue and prevent cross-contamination. Finally, fill it with 4 ml of water sample.
4. Zero meter - press ZERO button untill 0.00 ppm is displayed. Sample is ready for testing.
5. Dip strip into a water sample in a CELL, and immediately press READ button to start reading. This will start a 20 second countdown. Move strip back and forth in water sample. Remove and discard when timers shows 1.
6. Read the results.
With a 4 mL sample cell it's environmental friendly using less chemicals than the ordinary 10 ml test.
The meter provides accuracy you can rely on, minimum variation, and fast results (uses 20 second test method) at 0.01 resolution.
US EPA Compliant meter for Free & Total Chlorine
Manufacturer's product number: 486800-K