Help & Info
Water filters really work! You guys are the best!
Fluoride Multi PLUS Water Filter, No Cartridge
Brand: Crystal Quest
Our Price: $117.00
Weight: 5 lb
Ships in 2-3 days
Countertop Disposable Single Fluoride Multi PLUS Water Filter System is dependable and built to last for years. This counter top system installs in seconds and sits on the counter top for water on demand. Quick and easy to use,stylish convenient, and effectively removes FLUORIDE and hundreds of contaminants from water.
Water travels through 7 stages of filtration :
Crystal Quest Disposable Countertop Filter with Fluoride Removal sits on the counter and easily connects to any kitchen faucet.
A diverter valve switches between filtered and unfiltered water.
Adjustable spout for more convenience. Designed in an attractive white housing.
Option:Washable Prefiltration Filter Use for any countertop/faucet and helps remove the sediment thus enabling your filter to work more efficiently.
- In stages 1 and 7, Water flows through pre and post one - micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other un-dissolved matter.
- In stage 2, Water flows through a FLUORIDE REMOVAL cartridge. Containing fine-mesh pre-resin media to reduce fluorides below 0.5 ppm. Contains Synthetic Aluminum Oxide absorbant media. Specifically designed to have a high affinity for Fluoride, Lead and Arsenic. It removes metals through a mixture of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media, therefore, the elimination is not reliant on ion exchange. It has uniform particle size, is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range.
Fluoride reduction capacity is up to 6,000 ppm with effluent levels below 0.2 ppm from 10 ppm feed. Also effectively removes lead and arsenic.
- In stages 3 and 5,Water flows through a bed of media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc (KDF-55D ®, and KDF-85D ®.) KDF is a major advancement in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (REDOX) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized. Tests on KDF/GAC cartridge have shown 99+% chlorine removal past 20,000 gallons of water. In comparison, carbon cartridges of comparable volumes drop below 90% effectiveness after only 4,000 gallons. Iron and hydrogen sulfide are oxidized into insoluble matter and attach to the surface of the media. Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper, nickel, chromium, cadmium, aluminum, and other dissolved metals are removed from the water by the electrochemical process. They are attracted to the surface of the media, much like a magnet. The media inhibits bacterial growth throughout the entire unit. In fact, it has been shown to be reduced up to 90%, eliminating the need for silver, which is commonly used in carbon-only filters (silver is considered a pesticide by the EPA and, as such, must be registered with them). Is copper or zinc added to the water in any significant amount? On 2.3 ppm chlorinated water, <0.05 mg/l copper and only 0.46 mg/l zinc were measured. The EPA aesthetic levels are 1.0 mg/l for copper and 5.0 mg/l for zinc. Both zinc and copper are essential minerals for good health - the FDA recommends a daily intake of 15 mg of zinc and 2 mg of copper.
- In stage 4, water passes through an ion exchange resin removing heavy metals such as lead, copper and aluminum, and also reducing water hardness.
- In stage 6, Water flows through granulated activated carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzine) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water causing bad taste and odors in your drinking water.
Carbon is extremely porous and provides a large surface area for contaminants to collect. Carbon-only filters must also use their capacity for chlorine removal, resulting in a shortened life. They also may use a bituminous coal carbon, which is good at removing chlorine, but not as effective at removing chemicals. We use a high-grade coconut shell carbon that is most effective at removing chemicals. Coconut shell carbon provides a significantly higher volume of micro-pores than either coal, wood or lignite based carbon. As a result, it is more effective than other carbon types in removing trihalomethanes (THM's) and other chemicals from municipally supplied water. Since our REDOX media removes the chlorine before it reaches the carbon, the carbon capacity is not wasted on chlorine and is free to concentrate more effectively on organic contaminants.
No-maintenace Countertop Water Filter with Fluoride Removal advantages:
No cartridges to replace
7-stage water filtration, including 1 micron filter pads, Synthetic Aluminum Oxide absorbant media to reduce fluoride,KDF, GAC and ion exchange resin for great water filtration
99%+ chlorine removal
Installs without tools on any standard fauce.
Recommended Flow Rate for best filtration: 0.5 GPM ( gallons per minute). Up to 1 GPM capable.
Unique design allows for substantial amount of filtration media, enabling more contact time with water for better filtration. Unit can be back-washed semi-annually for crystal clean water. Great for homes, apartments of office use.
Filter Capacity: 10,000 gallons (1-3 years, or when the flow of water either automatically stops or slows down considerably).
Fluoride Removal Capacity: 2700 ppm Fluoride (Avg. 600 to 900 Gallons). As high as 6600 ppm F+, with effluent levels below 0.2 ppm from 10 ppm F+ feed. Note: high pH and high bicarbonate levels reduce capacity - above 100 ppm bicarbonate, reduction by 50%; above 200 ppm, reduction by 75%.
Comes in white or beige. Black color is no longer available.