Doulton Super Sterasyl 7 inch Candle
Weight: 1 lb
Doulton Super Sterasyl 7 inch Candle is a 2" x 7" replacement micro filter candle with a 3-stage filtration process to reduce suspended solids, iron, hydrogen sulfide, trace contaminants, pathogenic bacteria and organics, cysts, turbidity, chlorine, as well as improving taste. The filtration process combines the highly efficient properties of ceramic and the enhanced water treatment capabilities of Activated Carbon. This 7" Super Sterasyl candle works with Big Berkey gravity systems, Doulton SS-1, SS2, SS3 and SS4 gravity fed systems, as well as some HCP and HIP models that are equipped to use 7" x 2" candles.
Super Sterasyl W9121200 filter candle is produced by filling Sterasyl ceramic shell with Granular Activated Carbon(GAC) as core. A ceramic has a small and complex pore structure, making it an ideal filter medium. The pore structure of Doulton's ceramic drinking water filters is accurately controlled to remove fine particulates while the ceramic shell is impregnated with oligodynamic silver, as a disinfectant, which inhibits the growth of bacteria on the filter.
Super Sterasyl is highly effective against particulate contamination, pathogenic bacteria, cysts etc., with additional chlorine and organics removal capabilities. All Doulton ceramic candles and cartridges are cleanable and bacteriostatic - that is, self sterilizing for bacteriologically safe cleaning and handling.
Key Features & Benefits:
* Will vary depending on water quality and usage.
- Product specifications may change as a continuing product development by the manufacturer.
- Candles have a domed end and a plastic mount on the top to fix them into the filter housing while cartridges (OBEs) have a plastic mount and rubber washer at both ends.
- Recommended Cleaning Frequency every 3 months or when water flow rate is noticeably lower.
- Some restrictions apply to the sale and shipping of ceramic filters in the states of California, Iowa, Massachusetts or Wisconsin.
Tested and Certified
|Doulton Water Filters (pdf)||0.86 MB|