Extra Low Energy DOW Filmtec XLE-4040 RO Membrane 2600 GPD, a 4.0" x 40" Extra Low Energy Reverse Osmosis Membrane that can provide RO quality water up to 2,600 gallons per day at a 15% recovery rate. It can operate at feed pressures ranging from 100 psi to 600 psi with 99% salt rejection. This element offers the highest quality water for small commercial systems purifying less than one gallon per minute(0.2 m³/d) of RO water.
XLE-4040 elements offer better system performance and economics by operating at very low applied pressure. XLE membrane, made with a patented technology, provides consistent and reliable system performance. And for added convenience, XLE elements are available in a dry state for rapid start-up. These Thin Film-Composite Commercial RO membranes are tape-wrapped making them suitable and recommended for systems with one or two elements per housing. Filmtec membranes also deliver savings by providing the industry’s longest lasting and most reliable performance due to increased resistance to fouling. The new XLE series of elements replaces TW30LE elements which were made with an older membrane technology
This membrane is part of the "Extra Low Energy (XLE) Elements for Commercial Systems" line of products by Dow and are applied in commercial water treatment systems, food service, hospitality industry, medical and research institutions. Its advanced technological design is manufactured for excellent structural stability and more productivity than other elements.
XLE-4040 Key Features and Benefits:
- 2,600 Gallons per day.
- 600 psi maximum operating pressure.
- Removes chemical contaminants.
- High flux results in high yields.
- Low energy costs with high rejection providing good water quality.
- Durable with Good Cleanability for Long Element Life.
- DOW FilmTec high quality, long lasting and reliable performance.
||XLE-4040 (Part #154546)|
|Dimensions(Diameter x Length):
||4.0" x 40" (actual 3.9 x 40)|
|Stabilized Salt Rejection:
|Permeate Flow Rate(Gallons per Day, gpd):
||2,600 gpd (9,842 L/Day or 9.8 m³/day) *|
|Maximum Feed Flow Rate(Gallons per Minute, gpm):
||14.0 gpm (3.2 m³/hr)|
||100 psi (6.9 bar)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure(psi):
||600 psi (41 bar)|
|Maximum Pressure Drop(psi):
||13 psi (0.9 bar)|
|Maximum Operating Temperature(°F):
|pH Range, Continuous Operation:
||2 - 11 **|
|pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning:
||1 - 13|
|Maximum Feed Silt Density Index(SDI):
|Free Chlorine Tolerance(ppm):
||< 0.1 ppm ***|
||Polyamide Thin-Film Composite|
||Tape-wrapped fiberglass outer shell|
|Housing/Pressure Vessel Size(inch):
* Permeate flow rate and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 500 ppm NaCl, 100 psi (6.9 bar), 77°F(25°C), 15% recovery. Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-20%.
**Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
*** Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Dow Filmtec membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- (To ensure proper product startup and usage, please review Operation Guidelines and General Information section from the Product Data Sheet.)