The eXact Chlorine Photometer is based on award-winning eXact Micro 7+ Meter, a ground-breaking electronic water tester that uses patented technologies for faster, safer, easier and more presice water testing. eXact Chlorine is designed for residential, commercial, and municipal water testing, where precise Chlorine measurements are required.
The eXact Chlorine Water Meter offers an expanded range of chlorine detection (0-11 ppm, parts per million). The photometer directly reads free and total chlorine. EPA Compliant testing method for Free & Total Chlorine when used with DPD chemistry.
How to Use 486696 eXact Chlorine Photometer:
1. Turn the meter on and select an appropriate test by pressing MENU button.
2. Remove a test strip for chosen test from the bottle. Don't forget to recap the bottle immediately.
3. Rinse the CELL, which is located in the top of the meter, at least 3 times with water to remove residue and prevent cross-contamination. Finally, fill it with 4 ml of water sample.
4. Zero meter - press ZERO button untill 0.00ppm is displayed. Sample is ready for testing.
5. Dip strip into a water sample in a CELL, and immediately press READ button to start reading. This will start a 20 second countdown. Move strip back and forth in water sample. Remove and discard when timers shows 1.
6. Read the results.
With a 4 mL sample cell it's environmental friendly using less chemicals than the ordinary 10 ml test.
The meter provides accuracy you can rely on, minimum variation, and fast results (uses 20 second test method) at 0.01 resolution.
Exact Chlorine Photometer comes in two ways: Photometer only (486696-PLUS) and Photometer with a Kit (486696-PLUSK). Kit Includes 7 bottles of eXact Micro Strips:
1) Free Chlorine (DPD-1 , 0-11 ppm) - 25 tests
2) Total Chlorine / Ozone (DPD-4, 0-11 ppm) - 25 tests
3) Bromine (DPD-1 , 0-14 ppm) - 25 tests
4) Chlorine Dioxide (DPD-1) - 25 tests
5) Peracetic Acid (DPD-4) - 25 tests
6) High Range Chlorine
also included are mini dilution kit, mixing cup, cell cleaning brush, booklet.
eXact Chlorine Water Meter Specifications
- Patented technology
- 0.01 ppm (mg/L) precision
- Built-in, permanent cell
(no loose glass or plastic cells; simply fill or dip into water)
- Automatic countdown timer
- 140 test memory (saves last 20 tests per menu)
- Incorporates eXact Strip technology
(safe & reliable reagent dispersion)
- No-slip grip housing
(weighs only 6 oz with batteries installed)
- Waterproof meter (IP-67) & floats
- Easy-to-read LCD display
- Environmentally friendly
(recyclable parts & uses 60% less reagents than 10mL sample tests)
- Proprietary optics (allow for accurate testing without cap, though available)
Patented technology, US Patent No 7,333,194 ; US Patent No 7,491,546 ; South African Patent No 2007/0628
US EPA Compliant meter for Free & Total Chlorine