Arsenic Removal Countertop Filter Triple by Crystal Quest is a 3-cartridge system with 8 stages of filtration. It consists of one solid carbon cartridge, which acts as a pre-filter, removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's, insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents). Second cartridge is for arsenic removal that contains a proprietary hybrid iron oxide resin specifically designed for selective removal of arsenic from water, certified to NSF/ANSI 61 Standard. This highly porous anion resin is impregnated with iron oxide to allow for fast and efficient adsorption of arsenic. Another cartridge contains a combination of Coconut Shell Carbon or Granulated Activated Carbon(GAC) and Eagle Redox Alloy media layers which increases the systems' effectivity in removing hundreds of other contaminants from your tap water. Counter-top water filter systems installs in seconds and sits on the countertop for water on demand and an easy option to choose between filtered and unfiltered water in one switch.
Arsenic(As) is a semi-metal element that has no taste, odor, or color, and is not easily dissolved. It occurs naturally in the environment, as a by-product of mining, or agricultural areas when materials containing arsenic are used as industrial poisons. It enters drinking water supplies from natural deposits in the earth or from agricultural and industrial practices. Arsenic is considered highly toxic and a carcinogen. According to the EPA, people who drink water containing arsenic well in excess of the MCL for many years could experience skin damage or problems with their circulatory system, and may have an increased risk of getting cancer from drinking water.(The current MCL for arsenic, as per EPA, is 0.010 mg/l or 10ppb as of 01/23/06.)
Key Features and Benefits:
- 8 stage filtration.
- Solid Carbon as pre-filter.
- Single cartridge solely for arsenic removal.
- Combined with Coconut Shell Carbon (GAC) and KDF media for cancer linked chemicals and heavy metals.
- Effectively removes Arsenic and many contaminants from water.
- It installs in minutes without tools on all standard faucets.(Counter Top Filter Installation Instructions)
- Diverter valve allows easy switch between filtered and unfiltered water.
- Sits on the counter and easily connects to any kitchen faucet.
|Dimensions(LxHxW):||15"L x 13"H x 5"W|
|Arsenic Filtration Capacity:||1000 gal(depends on the arsenic type & ppb of influent water.)|
|Operating Temperature(°F):||40°F - 90°F|
|Operating Pressure(psi):||20 psi - 60 psi|
|Design Flow Rate(Gallons per Minute, gpm):||0.3-0.5 gpm|
|Micron Rating:||5 nominal|
|Filter Life(months):||12 months|
- This counter top system installs in seconds and sits on the counter top for water on demand.
- Available in white or chrome finish.