DOW Filmtec LP-2540 RO Membrane 1000 GPD
Brand: DOW Filmtec
Dimensions: 2.5" x 40"
Weight: 5 lb
DOW Filmtec LP-2540 RO Membrane 1000 GPD, a 2.5" × 40" brackish water Reverse Osmosis Membrane that can provide RO quality water up to 1,000 gallons per day at a 15% recovery rate. It can operate at feed pressures ranging from 145 psi to 600 psi with 99.2% salt rejection. This element offers the highest quality water for small commercial water treatment systems purifying less than one gallon per minute(0.2 m³/d) of RO water and is the industry standard for reliable operation and production of the highest quality water in commercial applications.
Discontinued by manufacturer. Replaced by XLE-2540 (100 psi) or TW30-2540 (225 psi).
LP-2540 Elements deliver high quality water at low pressure operation in commercial applications. It replaces many “first generation” low pressure membrane elements and will purify more water in many older systems, especially on cold water feeds. These Tap Water Thin Film-Commercial RO membranes are tape-wrapped—-built with the same high quality membranes and materials of construction as industrial elements, except for the hard outer shell, and are more economical for commercial systems with one or two elements per housing. In addition to the highest quality water and the lowest energy costs, DOW membranes also deliver savings through its increased resistance to fouling by providing the industry’s longest lasting and most reliable performance.
This membrane is a part of the "Tape-Wrapped 2540 Elements for Commercial Applications" by DOW FILMTEC and are applied in commercial water treatment systems. The LP-2540 replaces many “first generation” low pressure membrane elements and can purify more water in many older systems, especially on cold water feeds. Its advanced technological design is manufactured for excellent structural stability and more productivity than other elements.
Key Features and Benefits:
* Permeate flow rate and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 500 ppm NaCl, 145 psi(10 bar), 77°F(25°C), 15% recovery. Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-20%.
**Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
*** Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
- LP-2540 can replace TW30HP-2540 for low pressure operation.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pre-treatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Dow Filmtec membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- (To ensure proper product startup and usage, please review Operation Guidelines and General Information section from the Product Data Sheet.)
|DOW Filmtec Tape-Wrapped 2540 Commercial Elements (pdf)||0.22 MB|