DOW Filmtec LC LE-4040 RO Membrane 2500 GPD
Brand: DOW Filmtec
Dimensions: 4" x 40"
Weight: 5 lb
DOW Filmtec LC LE-4040 RO Membrane 2500 GPD, a 4" x 40" brackish water Reverse Osmosis Membrane that can provide RO quality water up to 2,500 gallons per day at a 15% recovery rate. It can operate at feed pressures ranging from 150 psi to 600 psi with 99.0% salt rejection. This element offers the highest quality water for medium-sized water treatment system that produce less than approximately 10 gpm (2300 L/h) of permeate.
Filmtec RO elements separate salts from water and are produced with an automated fabrication process for precision, consistency, and reliability offering high rejection of dissolved solids and organics and operate very efficiently at lower pressures. These Tap Water Thin Film-Commercial RO membranes have a hard shell exterior making them suitable and recommended for systems with multiple-element housings containing three or more membranes, as they are designed to withstand higher pressure drops. In addition to the highest quality water and the lowest energy costs, DOW membranes also deliver savings by providing the industry’s longest lasting and most reliable performance membranes due to increased resistance to fouling.
This membrane is a part of the "Large Commercial 4040 Reverse Osmosis Elements" line of products by DOW FILMTEC and are applied in commercial water demineralization, industrial water demineralization, production of municipal drinking water, and water reuse. The product delivers high quality water at low pressure at harsh water conditions, using Dow’s innovative, proprietary technology for low energy applications. Dow’s fully automated element production enables the most consistent products in the industry that minimizes the total cost of ownership of water treatment systems.
Key Features and Benefits:
* Permeate flow rate and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 2000 ppm NaCl, 150 psi (10.3 bar), 77°F(25°C), 15% recovery. Permeate flow rates for individual elements may vary +/-15%.
**Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
*** Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Most RO systems have carbon pre-filters for this purpose.
- Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment system is essential to prepare the industrial membrane elements for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock.
- Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
- During prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that the Dow Filmtec membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution. This is to prevent biological growth.
- (To ensure proper product startup and usage, please review Operation Guidelines and General Information section from the Product Data Sheet.)