Help & Info
Water filters really work! You guys are the best!
Doulton SuperCarb Ceramic Filter Candle
Weight: 1 lb
Doulton SuperCarb Ceramic Filter Candle is a 10" x 2" ceramic replacement filter candle with 3 stages of filtration designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, 99.99% of turbidity, Giardia, chlorine, and organic chemicals in a single cleanable cartridge. SuperCarb Filter Candles is made out of Sterasyl ceramic shell with an internal 1 micron(nominal) Activated Carbon Block post filter which takes out chlorine and monochloramine improving taste and odour.
SuperCarb W9122021 is produced from Doulton Sterasyl ceramic which is fitted with Activated Carbon Block instead of Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) used in the SuperSterasyl element because of its fine porous structure. This structure assures a more intimate contact with the water as it passes through the filter which makes this element suitable for high pressure systems. The highly active micro-surfaces of the carbon matrix have an efficiency and capacity nearly six times that of conventional GAC.
The W9122021 Ceramic Filter fits pressurized Doulton short mount filtration systems only and these models: Doulton HIP, HIS Doulton HCPS, Doulton HSP/C housings , and also Mountain Pressure Water Filters MT660 as a replacement cartridge # MT661-RFC. These filter elements have been tested in accordance with NSF protocols for cyst, turbidity, particulate, and chlorine reduction(Class 1) and is a good all around chemical filter.
All Doulton ceramic candles and cartridges are bacteriostatic - that is, self sterilizing for bacteriologically safe cleaning and handling.
Key Features & Benefits:
- 3 stage filtration process.
- Sterasyl ceramic outer shell and Activated Carbon Block core.
- Self-sterilizing, bacteriostatic.
- Improves tastes and reduces trace contaminants.
- Filtration efficiency of > 99.99% at 0.5 to 0.8, 0.9 microns.
- Removes suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, E.coli, fecal coliform.
- Highly efficient bacteriological filtration.
- Tested with live E.coli and cryptosporidium to a removal efficiency 100%.
* Will vary depending on water quality and usage.
|Dimensions(inch/es):||10 inch L x 2 inch D|
|Head Mount(inches): ||3/4 inches|
|Primary Filter Media:||Ceramic with Activated Carbon Block|
|Micron Rating, Nominal/Absolute(Micron):||0.5 to 0.8 micron / 0.9 micron|
|Operating Pressure(psi):||10 psi - 125 psi|
|Operating Temperature(ºF):||40ºF - 100ºF (4.4°C - 37.8°C)|
|Flow Rate(Gallons per Minute, gpm):||0.5 gpm|
|Filter Capacity(Gallons, gal):||1,000 gal|
|Filter Life(months):||6-12 months (Recommended change frequency) *|
- Candles have a domed end and a plastic mount on the top to fix them into the filter housing while cartridges (OBEs) have a plastic mount and rubber washer at both ends.
- Recommended Cleaning Frequency every 3 months or when water flow rate is noticeably lower.
- Some restrictions apply to the sale and shipping of ceramic filters in the states of California, Iowa, Massachusetts or Wisconsin.