Doulton Super Sterasyl Micro Filter 10" is a standard 2" x 10" replacement filter candle with a 3-stage filtration process designed to reduce suspended solids, iron, hydrogen sulfide, trace contaminants, bacteria, cysts, turbidity, chlorine, as well as improving taste. The Doulton W9121750 Gravity Ceramic Candle is designed for use in gravity filter systems for Big Berkey and Doulton: Doulton HIP, Doulton HCP, Doulton HIS gravity water filters.
Super Sterasyl filter element is produced by filling Sterasyl ceramic shell with Granular Activated Carbon(GAC) as core. A ceramic has a small and complex pore structure, making it an ideal filter medium. The pore structure of Doulton's ceramic drinking water filters is accurately controlled to remove fine particulates while the ceramic shell is impregnated with oligodynamic silver, as a disinfectant, which inhibits the growth of bacteria on the filter.
This expertise gives the candles the highly consistent pore structure necessary to remove a wide range of water borne contaminants over the life of the filter. With its Absolute filtration rating (defined as >99.99%) of 0.9 microns, Super Sterasyl is highly effective against particulate contamination, pathogenic bacteria, cysts etc., with additional chlorine and organics removal capabilities.
All Doulton ceramic candles and cartridges are bacteriostatic - that is, self sterilizing for bacteriologically safe cleaning and handling.
Key Features & Benefits:
- 3 stage filtration in one cartridge.
- Self sterilizing and cleanable filter element.
- Highly effective barrier to particles and pathogens at 0.2 microns.
- Long Life/Long term value due to it's washable features.
- 100% natural earths component and uses coconut shell carbon.
- >99.99% Bacteria and Cyst removal.
- >98% Turbidity reduction to NSF std. 53.
- Minerals are maintained, filters do not remove beneficial minerals from water.
- Enhanced anti-bacterial properties as ceramics contain trace elements of silver to inhibit microbiological growth.
* Independently tested, see website for full technical and performance specifications and product availability.
|Dimensions(inch/es):||10 inch L x 2 inch D|
|Head Mount(inches):||3/4 inches|
|Primary Filter Media:||Ceramic with Carbon|
|Micron Rating, Nominal/Absolute(Micron):||0.5 to 0.8 micron / 0.9 micron|
|Operating Pressure(psi):||10 psi - 125 psi|
|Operating Temperature(ºF):||40ºF - 100ºF|
|Operating ph Range:||5.5 ph - 9.5 ph|
|Flow Rate(Gallons per Minute, gpm):||0.4 gpm( 1.2 gpm @ 3.0 PSI , 5 gal per 24hrs per candle in gravity filters)|
|Filter Capacity(Gallons, gal):||535 gal|
|Filter Life(months):||6 months (Recommended change frequency)|
|Free Chlorine Removal(2mg cl/l):||>95% under gravity / >50% under pressure|
- Candles have a domed end and a plastic mount on the top to fix them into the filter housing while cartridges (OBEs) have a plastic mount and rubber washer at both ends.
- Product cannot ship to California, Iowa, Massachusetts or Wisconsin.
- When not in use air dry the ceramic candle(s) for minimum of 24 hours then store in dry place. Not recommended for high pressure (high flow rate) systems.