Countertop Portable Water Filter by Crystal Quest is a convenient companion when taking your family on vacation or going on a business trip. It packs up a 4 stage filtration process that includes a combination of Coconut Shell Carbon or Granulated Activated Carbon(GAC) and Eagle Redox Alloy media which increases the systems' effectivity in removing hundreds of other contaminants from tap water. This is a Disposable countertop water filter, which means it has no replacement cartridge, the system is discarded after it passes its usage period. The unit is quick and easy to install and use while conveniently providing up to 5,000 gallons of clean and purified water. Enjoy safe and great tasting water anywhere!Question:
Can this filter be stored for several months after original usage and then used again?Answer:
Yes, it can be done. Filter uses a bacteriostatic media (KDF) to prevent bacteria from growing inside, which significantly extends its life. To store filter after original usage, let all the water run out, dry it the best you can and store in a dry place. The best place to store the filter is sealed in a plastic bag in a refrigerator, to prevent bacteria from growing. When you need to use filter again, flush it with running water in the following pattern: "5 minutes on, 5 minutes off" for 2 or 3 times. We do not suggest how many times this can be done, it depends entirely on how long you use the filter and on the levels of contamination of water sources used.
Key Features and Benefits:
- 4 stages of filtration.
- Combined with advanced Coconut Shell Carbon(GAC) and KDF media technology.
- Filter media combination removes hundreds of contaminants.
- Comes with a diverter valve, switches between filtered and unfiltered water.
- Quick and easy to use, stylish and convenient.
- Disposable, no maintenance system.
|Dimensions:||2" x 11"|
|Filtration Capacity:||5,000 gallons|
|Operating Temperature(°F):||40°F - 90°F|
|Operating Pressure(psi):||20 psi - 60 psi|
|Design Flow Rate(Gallons per Minute, gpm):||0.5 gpm|
|Filter Life(months):||6-12 months|
- This product is manufactured using Ion Exchange Resin that meets standard ANSI 61/42 WQA Seal Certified, GAC which meets standard ANSI 42 NSF certified, KDF which meets standard ANSI 61/42 Certified, and pre and post one micron pads from ISO 9001 approved manufacturers.