Calcite Acid Neutralizer pH Increaser Cartridge 20", a replacement cartridge used for the remineralization of soft, acidic, or low pH water. It is infused with a bed of Coconut Shell Granulated Activated Carbon(GAC) media that acts as a post-polisher in this water filter cartridge. This is a perfect add on filter to compliment any existing or new RO drinking water systems(installed at the last stage).
Calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media. One of the advantages of Calcite is its self-limiting property. When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium. It does not over correct under normal conditions. Upon contact with calcite, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH which reduces potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems. Periodic backwashing will prevent packing, reclassify the bed and maintain high service rates. Depending on pH, water chemistry and service flow, the Calcite bed will have to be periodically replenished as the Calcite is depleted. As the Calcite’s calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter. This calcite filter will deliver a neutral effluent form acidic feed as low as pH5. Low pH's require slower flow rates.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Infused with a bed of GAC as a post polisher.
- FDA grade materials and media.
- Raises water PH to a safe limit.
- Makes water safer to drink.
- Naturally raises your PH level without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Eliminates corrosion of plumbing and water using appliances.
|Dimensions:(LxWxH)||20" x 2 7/8" (outside diameter)|
|Media:||Calcite, Coconut Shell Carbon(GAC)|
|Operating Temperature(°F):||40°F(5°C) - 100°F(38°C)|
|Operating Pressure(psi):||20 psi (1.4 bar) - 125 psi (8.6 bar)|
|Design Flow Rate(Gallons per Minute, gpm):||1 gpm|
|Micron Rating:||5 nominal|
|Filter Capacity(gallons):||8000 gallons|
|Filter Life(months):||6-12 months|
|End Caps:||Polypropylene #5|
|Netting:||Food Grade High-density Polyethylene|
- Call us about housing for undersink or countertop installation.
- Manufactured from FDA-compliant materials.
- Calcite Acid neutralizer Water Filter fits into a standard 20"x2.5" water filter housing.
- Also available in 10" size.