Help & Info
Water filters really work! You guys are the best!
Doulton Ultracarb Ceramic Filter Candle
List Price: $49.99
Weight: 1 lb
Doulton Ultracarb Ceramic Filter Candle is a 10" x 2" ceramic replacement filter candle with 4 stages of filtration in a single cleanable cartridge. Ultracarb candles have an additional ion exchange media which reduces toxic Lead and other harmful heavy metals. This cleanable filter element is designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, hydrogen sulphide, and lead.
UltraCarb W9123053 is produced from Sterasyl ceramic which is fitted with both an activated carbon block and an ion exchange resin insert. Inside the ceramic shell is a post-filter which is manufactured by combining a zeolite metal ion reduction medium, granular carbon, and powdered carbon to form a tightly packed matrix. Activated carbon is very effective at removing chlorine and organics from water and the ion exchange resin specifically removes lead from water.
The Doulton Ultracarb W9123053 is designed to be used in pressure filters(on a mains water supply), not in gravity filters. It is a replacement filter Doulton Counter top(HCP) unit, the Doulton undercounter(HIP) unit, and other products that utilize a thread mount candle type cartridge. Also called CU1200 and DUC-1000, this filter fits the HIP, HCP, HIS, HCS, IP100-300UC, CP100-300UC models. Doulton part number W9123053(S) model. W9123019(S) SI model, and also Mountain Pressure Water Filters MT660 as a replacement cartridge #MT661-RFC.
All Doulton ceramic candles and cartridges are bacteriostatic - that is, self sterilizing for bacteriologically safe cleaning and handling.
Key Features & Benefits:
- 4 stage filtration process.
- Sterasyl ceramic outer shell and carbon block core and heavy metal reduction media.
- Self-sterilizing, bacteriostatic.
- Improves tastes and reduces trace contaminants.
- Filtration efficiency of > 99.99% at 0.9 microns.
- Filtration efficiency of > 99.9% at 0.5 to 0.8 microns.
- Removes suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, hydrogen sulfide, and lead.
- Highly efficient bacteriological filtration.
- Tested with live E.coli and cryptosporidium to a removal efficiency 100%.
* Will vary depending on water quality and usage.
|Dimensions(inch/es):||10 inch L x 2 inch D|
|Head Mount(inches): ||3/4 inches|
|Primary Filter Media:||Ceramic with Activated Carbon Block core and Lead Removal media|
|Micron Rating, Nominal/Absolute(Micron):||0.5 to 0.8 micron / 0.9 micron|
|Operating Pressure(psi):||10 psi - 125 psi|
|Operating Temperature(ºF):||41ºF - 86ºF(5°C - 30°C)|
|Flow Rate(Gallons per Minute, gpm):||0.5 gpm - 0.9 gpm|
|Filter Capacity(Gallons, gal):||600 gal|
|Filter Life(months):||6-12 months (Recommended change frequency) *|
- Candles have a domed end and a plastic mount on the top to fix them into the filter housing while cartridges (OBEs) have a plastic mount and rubber washer at both ends.
- Recommended Cleaning Frequency every 3 months or when water flow rate is noticeably lower.
- Some restrictions apply to the sale and shipping of ceramic filters in the states of California, Iowa, Massachusetts or Wisconsin.