GE Osmonics TFM-50 RO Membrane is a 12" x 2" replacement cartridge providing 50 gallons per day of pure water and can fit RO systems that use standard Thin Film Composite Membranes(TFM/TFC) with capacities between 18 and 150 gallons per minute. This GE Osmonics RO membrane reduces lead, mercury, chromium, nitrates and many other pollutants and contaminants. Primarily a residential class RO filter, the TFM-50 membrane can also handle commercial applications in restaurants, vending machines, pharmaceuticals, laboratories and electronics.
GE Osmonics Desal TFM-50 is manufactured with "Membrane-Separation Technology" which employs crossflow filtration where captured impurities on the membrane are constantly swept away by the concentrate stream. Crossflow filtration across the membrane then divides the flow into two outflow streams: the cleansed permeate feed and the concentrate or reject stream. This flow provides continuous cleaning that prolongs membrane life and reducing maintenance costs.
Membrane elements by GE are the brand of choice for most demanding applications. GE drinking water filters reduce many pollutants and contaminants with a premium membrane process that removes particles 100,000 smaller than human hair. The elements deliver outstanding performance and long-lasting operation.
Key Features & Benefits:
- 50 gallons per day capacity.
- Thin Film Composite Membrane for efficient purification.
- Cross compatible with other RO filter brands.
- Extended filter life.
- ANSI/NSF 58 listed for performance.
*Nominal performances are based on a 500 ppm softened tap at 65 psig (4.48 bar), 77°F (25°C), 15% recovery after 24 hours. Individual element flux may vary ± 15.
|Dimensions(inch/es):||12 inch L x 2 inch D(Actual 11.75 inch x 1.79 inch)|
|Primary Filter Media:||Semi-Permeable Membrane(TFM/TFC)|
|Salt Rejection(%):||98 %|
|Flow Rate(Gallons per Day, gpd):||50 gpd *|
|Operating Pressure(psi):||65 psi - 100 psi (4.48 bar - 6.90 bar)|
|Operating Temperature(°F):||77°F - 120°F(25°C - 49°C)|
|Filter Life(months):||24-36 months **|
|ph Range:||4 - 11|
|Free Chlorine(ppm):||0.1 ppm|
|Core:||TFC (Thin Film Composite)|
** Filters and membrane elements are not to be installed on microbiologically unsafe water supplies. Membrane Elements by GE are not certified to sanitize water, remove cysts, bacteria, or viruses. Filter and membrane element performance can be affected by fluctuations in water quality.
Fits following Brands: PENTEK, U.S. Water ( US Water ), Culligan, Ametek, US Filter, American Plumber, Kinetico, Watts Watts and more.
Compatible with the T112N-50 membrane, and is identical to the Filmtec TW30-1812-50
(which is made in U.S.A.).
- Depending on stock, you may receive part number 1204694, serial Number 4073660 or M-T1812A50 , which is a different part number for the same 50 gpd membrane.
- The GE Desal TFM-50RO Membrane is not chlorine resistant. A chlorine taste and odor reduction water filter must be used before the RO membrane if chlorine is present in your water supply.
- The DESAL-TFM-50 does not reduce fluoride.
- This TFM Membrane Element is Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standard 58 for performance requirements only.