Well Water Test Kit was specifically designed to help you test quickly and easily for the most common contaminants found in private well water, including: iron, copper, lead, bacteria, pesticides, nitrates, nitrites, chlorine, pH and hardness. Can be used on any treated or untreated drinking water source.
Test Kit allows you to:
- Test for copper, iron and lead
- Detect dangerous levels of Nitrates/Nitrites
- Test for potentially harmful bacteria
- Reveal the presence of toxins from pesticides or fertilizers
- Learn your water's pH balance
- Determine your water’s “hardness”
- Identify unsafe levels of chlorine in your water
- Compare all your results with EPA-recommended levels
- Feel confident in the water you drink and use every day!
Bacteria- strains of E.coli can cause serious illness or even death.
Lead- causes developmental harm, neurological and kidney damage.
Copper - causes liver and kidney damage in infants.
Iron - causes staining in laundry, dishes, bathtubs and sinks. Clogs pipes and gives off offensive odor.
- from agricultural uses, linked to increased cancer rates.
- from fertilizers and animal waste, causes developmental problems.
- can increase cancer risk, gives water bad taste and smell.
- can cause heavy metal (lead) leaching and plumbing damage.
- causes lime scale and higher detergent use.
Well Water Test Desired Value
EPA maximum contaminant levels or guildline standards:
||Below 15 ppb|
||Below 3ppb (atrazine), Below 4ppb (simazine)|
||Below 1.0 ppm|
||Below 10.0 ppm|
||6.5 to 8.5|
||Below 4 ppm|
||100 ppm or less (water is drinkable up to 500 ppm)|