Countertop Disposable Single Nitrate Multi PLUS Water Filter System is dependable and built to last for years. This counter top system installs in seconds and sits on the counter top for water on demand. Quick and easy to use,stylish convenient, and effectively removes NITRATE and hundreds of contaminants from water.
Water travels through 6 stages of filtration :
- In stages 1 and 6, Water flows through pre and post one - micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other un-dissolved matter.
In stage 2, Water flows through special nitrate-selective resin (Nitrate reduction is 90% to 95% and breakthrough is not affected by sulfate levels. The capacity is 5500 ppm of nitrates as NO3. To determine capacity, first calculate the ppm of nitrates as NO3, then divide that number into 3000 to get the gallons. This cartridge can be regenerated using sodium chloride brine).
In stages 3 and 4,Water flows through a bed of media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc (KDF-55D ®, and KDF-85D ®.) KDF is a major advancement in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (REDOX) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized. Tests on KDF/GAC cartridge have shown 99+% chlorine removal past 20,000 gallons of water. In comparison, carbon cartridges of comparable volumes drop below 90% effectiveness after only 4,000 gallons.
- Iron and hydrogen sulfide are oxidized into insoluble matter and attach to the surface of the media. Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper, nickel, chromium, cadmium, aluminum, and other dissolved metals are removed from the water by the electrochemical process. They are attracted to the surface of the media, much like a magnet. The media inhibits bacterial growth throughout the entire unit. In fact, it has been shown to be reduced up to 90%, eliminating the need for silver, which is commonly used in carbon-only filters (silver is considered a pesticide by the EPA and, as such, must be registered with them). Is copper or zinc added to the water in any significant amount? On 2.3 ppm chlorinated water, <0.05 mg/l copper and only 0.46 mg/l zinc were measured. The EPA aesthetic levels are 1.0 mg/l for copper and 5.0 mg/l for zinc. Both zinc and copper are essential minerals for good health - the FDA recommends a daily intake of 15 mg of zinc and 2 mg of copper.
- In stage 5, Water flows through granulated activated carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzine) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water causing bad taste and odors in your drinking water.
- Carbon is extremely porous and provides a large surface area for contaminants to collect. Carbon-only filters must also use their capacity for chlorine removal, resulting in a shortened life. They also may use a bituminous coal carbon, which is good at removing chlorine, but not as effective at removing chemicals. We use a high-grade coconut shell carbon that is most effective at removing chemicals. Coconut shell carbon provides a significantly higher volume of micro-pores than either coal, wood or lignite based carbon. As a result, it is more effective than other carbon types in removing trihalomethanes (THM's) and other chemicals from municipally supplied water. Since our REDOX media removes the chlorine before it reaches the carbon, the carbon capacity is not wasted on chlorine and is free to concentrate more effectively on organic contaminants.
- Sits on the counter and easily connects to any kitchen faucet.
- A diverter valve switches between filtered and unfiltered water.
- Adjustable spout for more convenience. Designed in an attractive white housing.
- Option:Washable Prefiltration Filter Use for any countertop/faucet and helps remove the sediment thus enabling your filter to work more efficiently.
No-maintenace Countertop Water Filter advantages:
- No cartridges to replace
- 7-stage water filtration, including micron, Synthetic Aluminum Oxide absorbant media,KDF, GAC and ion exchange resin for great water filtration
- 99%+ chlorine removal
- Installs without tools on any standard fauce.
- Flow rate - .75 to 1 gallon per minute
Unique design allows for substantial amount of filtration media, enabling more contact time with water for better filtration. Unit can be back-washed semi-annually for crystal clean water. Great for homes, apartments of office use.
Filter Capacity: 10,000 gallons (1-3 years, or when the flow of water either automatically stops or slows down considerably).
Comes in white or beige.
Black color is no longer available.
Manufacturer #: CQE-CT-00161
Counter top filter installation instructions