Whole House Iron and Manganese Water Filters efficiently remove up to 10 ppm of both ferric (oxidized) and ferrous (clear) iron and 5 ppm of manganese.
The media filter is an aluminum silicate media coated with manganese dioxide.
This coating is highly concentrated with oxygen and acts as an insoluble catalyst to enhance the reaction between dissolved oxygen and the the iron compounds.
In essence, the dissolved iron is oxidized at the surface of the media into a rust particle that can be effectively filtered from the water.
The precipitated iron and manganese can then be easily removed from the system during backwash. No chemical regeneration is required and nothing is imparted into the drinking water. For the filter to effectively remove iron, the pH of the raw water must be greater than 6.8.
If both Iron and Manganese are present, the pH should be between 7.5 and 8.5.
For Manganese removal the pH should be between 8.0 and 9.0 for best results Operated under proper conditions, the filter media filter requires no chemical for maintenance and regeneration is not required.
Iron removal efficiency is extremely high, with only periodic backwashing required. The filter media is a durable material with a long life and a wide temperature range.
Water goes through 3 stages of filtration:
- First, water travels through a 20" sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. Also this extends the life of water softeners, water filters, and prevents damage to control valves or pumps.
- Next, water travels through a 1.5 or 2.0 cubic foot media tank with an Automatic Microprocessor Control valve(The longer amount of time that the water is in contact with the media, the more effective is the conditioning and filtering"of the water.)
- Finally, water travels through a 20" solid carbon cartridge for a final conditioning of the water and removing any remaining contaminates and VOC's which may be in the water.
Iron and Manganese Water Filter features:
Poly Glass™ mineral tank
Solid state microprocessor with LED display Electronics control valve
12.0 gallon per minute flow rate.
1.5 cubic foot tank features
- Tank Size: 10" x 54"
- Resin/Cu. ft: 1.5
- Media: CQ-BR
- Maximum flow rate at 50 PSI Inlet (15 PSI Drop) 20 gpm
- Peak (25 PSI Drop): 25 gpm
- Recommended flow rate for maximum filtration performance:6 gpm service flow rate
- Backwash flow rate: 5.5 gpm
2 cubic foot tank features
Tank Size: 12" x 52"
Resin/Cu. ft: 2.00
Maximum flow rate at 50 PSI Inlet (15 PSI Drop) 20 gpm
Peak (25 PSI Drop): 25 gpm
Recommended flow rate for maximum filtration performance: 7 gpm service flow rate
Backwash flow rate: 7.5 gpm
Filter Life: 1.5 cu.ft - 5-7 years, 2 cu.ft - 7-8 years