The eXact Micro 7+ Water Meter meter can test for over 10 water contaminants: Total Alkalinity, Bromine, Calcium Hardness, Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, High Range Chlorine, Total Iron, Copper, Ozone, Permanganate and pH, total of 20 direct contaminants, that's total of 40 tests! This can be done repeatedly, on the spot, with lab test accuracy.
EPA Compliant testing method for Free & Total Chlorine when used with DPD chemistry. Uses 525 nm vawelength, a ground-breaking electronic water tester that uses patented technologies for faster, safer, easier and more presice water testing. Improved, now with a new transmittion mode and more direct read parameters! It's a great starter water tester for residential, commercial, and municipal water testing.
Exact Micro 7+ Standard Kit Includes 25 tests of each:
1) eXact Strip Micro 0.01 - 6.0 ppm (mg/L) DPD-1 (Free Chlorine, Bromine)
2) eXact Strip Micro 0.01 - 6.0 ppm (mg/L) DPD-3 (Total Chlorine)
3) High Range Chlorine
4) eXact Strip Micro pH- 6.2 - 8.4
5) eXact Strip Micro 20 - 990 ppm (mg/L) Calcium Hardness
6) eXact Strip Micro 20 – 180 Total Alkalinity
7) Total Iron
8) eXact Strip Micro 0.04 - 8.0 ppm (mg/L) Copper
Direct read parameters : Total Alkalinity, Bromine, Calcium Hardness, Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, High Chlorine, Total Iron, Copper, Ozone, Permanganate, and pH
(for use in accordance with U.S. Patent No. 7,333,194)
0.01 ppm (mg/L) precision
Built-in, permanent cell
(no loose glass or plastic cells; simply fill or dip into water)
Automatic countdown timer
140 test memory (saves last 20 tests per menu)
Incorporates eXact Strip technology
(safe & reliable reagent dispersion)
No-slip grip housing
(weighs only 6 oz with batteries installed)
Waterproof meter (IP-67)& floats
Easy-to-read LCD display
(recyclable parts & uses 60% less reagents than 10mL sample tests)
(allow for accurate testing without cap, though available)
Can test for 25 parameters:
with use of test-specific reagents and conversion chart: Ammonia, Bromine, Chloride/Salt, Chlorine Dioxide, Chromium Hexavalent, Copper, Cyanuric Acid, Iodine, Iron, Low Range Total Hardness, Manganese, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ozone, Acid pH, Alkali pH, Potassium, Sulfate, Sulfide, and Turbidity.
How to Use eXact Micro 7+ Photometer:
1. Turn the meter on and select an appropriate test by pressing MENU button.
2. Remove a test strip for chosen test from the bottle. Don't forget to recap the bottle immediately.
3. Rinse the CELL, which is located in the top of the meter, at least 3 times with water to remove residue and prevent cross-contamination. Finally, fill it with 4 ml of water sample.
4. Zero meter - press ZERO button untill 0.00 ppm is displayed. Sample is ready for testing.
5. Dip strip into a water sample in a CELL, and immediately press READ button to start reading. This will start a 20 second countdown. Move strip back and forth in water sample. Remove and discard when timers shows 1.
6. Read the results.
With a 4 mL sample cell it's environmental friendly using less chemicals than regular 10 ml tests or most other electronic testers. The meter provides accuracy you can rely on, minimum variation, and fast results (uses 20 second test method) at 0.01 resolution.
US EPA Compliant meter for Free & Total Chlorine
Comes with a Manual in English, also available upon request in the following lanugages: Spanish, French.
Manufacturer's product number: 486691-K