Whole House Arsenic Removal System that removes arsenic III and V. The most advanced and effective Arsenic Water Filter on the market , capable of completely removing or reducing arsenic below 10 ppb from as high as 50 ppb (10 ppb is an EPA Maximum allowed level).
Water travels through 3 stages of filtration:
- First, water travels through a 20" sediment cartridge that removes sediment, silt, sand and dirt. Also this extends the life of water softeners and water filters, and prevents damage to control valves or pumps.
- Next, water travels through a 1.5 or 2.0 cubic foot Arsenic media tank with an Automatic Microprocessor Control valve (The longer amount of time that the water is in contact with the media, the more effective is the conditioning and filtering of the water.)
- Finally, water travels through a 20" solid carbon cartridge for a final conditioning of the water and removing any remaining contaminates and VOC's which may be in the water.
Arsenic System Components
- Poly Glass™ mineral tank
- Riser style 1" internal flow distributor
- Solid state microprocessor with LED display Electronics control valve
- Solid state microprocessor with LED display. Time of day, remaining capacity, regeneration cycle in process
- Compact turbine meter
- Downflow or upflow regeneration cycles
- NOVRAM valve status and memory backup
- Double backwash capability
- Chrome sleeve/jacket - Polyester fiberglass tank
- 3/4" or 1" Stainless Steel Bypass Valve
- NSF-certified component
- Use on cold water line only!
- Maximum free chlorine 1 PPM
- Maximum Flow Rate 11 GPM/cu.ft
Filter Replacement intervals:
Sediment filter cartridge and Solid carbon cartridge life: 6-8 months
Arsenic media remove after: 1.5 cu.ft - 5-7 years, 2 cu.ft - 7-8 years
Arsenic Removal System has been tested to take aresenic from 50 ppb to below 10 ppb, and sometimes to undetectable (depending on water flow, slower is better). If your arsenic level is higher than 100 ppb, consider installing two tanks in parallel, or a Commercial Arsenic Removal Water Filter System
Product#: CQE-WH-01147, CQEWH01147, CQE-WH-01148 , CQEWH01148
Q. Why does this filter need a backwash, when other arsenic filters claim they do not?
A. It is normal for the filtration media to get compacted and to develop "channels" during operation. Once media compacts, and water develops channels where it flows without significant contact with the media, performance of the unit deteriorates, sometimes significantly. Backwash is a good way to refresh the media to prevent compacting and channeling. It keeps media at the top performance, and increases the life of the unit.
Q. I found a system that is cheaper and also removes fluoride!
A. Our system can remove both arsenic III and V. There are products out there that use fluoride removal media, which is less expensive, for arsenic removal. In fact, the main purpose of such systems is fluoride removal, and some arsenic reduction is incidental. If arsenic in your water is close to EPA standard and you are comfortable with partial arsenic reduction, you can try our Whole House Fluoride Removal Filter
, which is slightly less expensive and also reduces arsenic. Keep in mind that those cheaper systems are limited to specific types of arsenic and will not remove both types III and V like ours.